Do you know how to practice full body kettlebell workout to gain best benefit? Here we will guide you best kettlebell exercise properly to prevent injury and most effective for your entire body.
If you ask about a perfect all in one gym set, it must be kettlebells. They have been voted to become the best home gym equipment in 2020, especially during covid 19 lockdown period and workout at home trend.
You don’t need to invest a lot of money in many costly gym machines and specialized tools but still can gain tremendous fitness goals just with kettlebell set. Yes, you got it right. Kettlebell is a brilliant and versatile equipment used both at home and professional gym center. This simple piece of fitness tool can help you get a perfect body if you practice patiently and properly.
Here we bring you top 3 best Full body kettlebell workout work for all exercise level, either you are beginner or experience. You will find guide to practice kettlebell workout properly and prevent injury.
Kettlebell exercise benefits
For those who are still doubting whether the kettlebell workout good, the answer is absolutely yes. Kettlebell exercise provides tons of awesome benefits to the entire body.
Kettlebell workout shapes its effectiveness to almost all body parts and muscle groups including shoulder, arms, legs, abs, glutes, etc. It is known to improve overall strength, muscle groups, core power, balance, flexibility, fat burning, weight losing, heart health and so many.
What are you waiting for? Buy your own kettlebell set and plan your workout routine to shape your body perfectly.
Top 3 best full body kettlebell workout
Here we introduce the top 3 most effective full-body kettlebell workout exercises for multi-function. Check it and save it to your bookmark for the next workout session.
Let game starts!
Two Arm Kettlebell Swing
Two Arm Kettlebell Swing is the most well-known and powerful kettlebell exercise that brings great effectiveness to every muscle group but also makes everyone struggle and easy to get injured the most. Hence you need a proper guide to follow up.
What it does
Two Arm Kettlebell Swing hit on every muscle group on the body, but mostly it effects on back, hips, abs, glutes, legs, core, and arms.
How to do it properly
- Step 1: Begin standing with your feet wider than your hip width a little
- Step 2: Place the kettlebell in the middle of two legs.
- Step 3: Bent slightly your knee and drive your hips backward likely to squat position but don’t go down too deeply
- Step 4: Place your arm in front of your body, palms down and hold the kettlebell forward
- Step 5: Using explosive movement, drive your hips backward to swing the kettlebell backward between your two legs.
- Step 6: Drive your hips forward to swing the kettlebell forward up to the shoulder height.
Notice that uses your hips forces not your arm to swing the kettlebell backward and forward. Once you feel your hips and glutes involve in this movement that means you do it properly.
- Repeat this swing motion for about 12 to 15 reps.
Proper form while doing Two Arm Kettlebell Swing
Check below picture to adjust your gesture properly
How to choose kettlebell for Two Arm Kettlebell Swing
Get prepare to Two Arm Kettlebell Swing by choose the right kettlebell that suited with this exercise.
Regarding to handle type, you should look for a kettlebell with wide enough handle that you can grip by both hands.
Regarding to kettlebell size:
- Women can practice with 8 kg if you are a beginner and progress it gradually up to 16 kg when you are experienced.
- Men can practice with 12kg at the beginning stage and progress it up to 24 kg when you get experience.
Benefits of Two Arm Kettlebell Swing
This full body kettlebell exercise benefits overall strength, loss weight, burn fat and conditioner cardiovascular.
It can be practiced by all exercisers, from beginner to experience weight lifter but always remember to warm up and stretch before coming into the session.
Kettlebell Goblet Squat
Goblet Squat is a type of Squat exercise but varies by a kettlebell or dumbbell being held at the shoulder height for better benefits. This is considered one of the easiest workouts to master and often practiced by beginners to train balance and squat strength.
What it does?
As most squat motion, Kettlebell Goblet Squat tagets to lower body, back and core.
How to do properly
Step 1: Begin standing your feet about hip-width apart or a little wider
Step 2: Hold kettlebell at your chest level by both hands. The handle of kettlebell can be either upward or downward.
Step 3: Start the squat position. Brace your core and keep your chest up. Sit your hips down over your heels. Keep your thigh parallel with the floor. Remember keep the kettlebell stay above the chest line.
Step 4: Stay at the bottom squat position for a while (3-5 seconds) to train your balance and stability.
Step 5: Back to the starting position and squeeze your glutes.
That is one rep.
Repeat this movement for 10 to 12 reps for warm up with lower weight. Then progress heavier weight for 8 to 10 reps.
How to choose Kettlebell for Goblet Squat?
You can choose any kettlebell types to practice this exercise, either cast iron or competition kettlebell as if they are heavy enough.
Weight recommended you should choose a lighter weight for a warm-up and then progress it to a heavier size. For example, if you want to do a 16kg kettlebell workout, then warm up with 10kg or 12 kg first.
A standard kettlebell size for men is 16 kg and for women is 12kg.
Benefits of Ketllebell Goblet Squat
Research points out that if you are stick to this exercise for about 6 weeks, the overall strength and power will be increased.
With weight in your hands, Kettlebell Goblet Squat allows exerciser squat lower, hence glutes are more activated than simple squat.
Also, you will have to call a lot of shoulder and upper back muscle to keep the kettlebell at your chest that will build a good shoulder look.
The Goblet Squat increases core strength while the back and core have to maintain strength and stability to protect the spine. The core strength increased means that your midsection is stronger and you can lift heavier. Combined with other schedules and exercises, you can build 6 packs abs. How awesome!
Kettlebell Turkish Get-Up
Strong from head to toe, it is what Kettlebell Turkish Get Up gives you.
This exercise, along with Kettlebell Swing, is a most valuable movement that brings great benefits to the entire body. It utilizes whole muscle group and combined body balance, hence this is a great comprehensive exercise if you want to improve overall body strength.
This movement is worth to practice, however, it is just helpful when you do it correctly. Here we will guide you proper form to practice this motion.
What it does?
Kettlebell Turkish Get Up really recalls almost all major muscle group on the body from the arm, legs, abs, etc, but mostly focus on strongly on core, shoulder, and hips.
How to do it properly
Note: Due to the complexity of the exercise, beginners should practice without a kettlebell, or hold a light object to get familiar and master the technique of the exercise. The exercise movement is divided into several sessions. Always put safety first, and don’t be fooled by the feeling that seems so easy of the exercise.
- Step 1: Lie faceup on the ground. Place the kettlebell close to the chest. Bent your right knee. The right-hand holds the kettlebell, folds perpendicular to the ground.
- Step 2: Back to lie faceup position. Put your right arm hand up. Make sure the right arm is at 90 degrees to the floor. Pull the shoulder down and into the floor. Put the left arm about 45 degrees with the body. Bent the right knee and keep the foot at the hip-width.
- Step 3: Take a deep breath. Keep the right hand straight. Press your right heel to support as you roll to your left elbow. Keep your back straight and your eyes on the kettlebell. At the same time keep your right leg wide from the left one.
- Step 4: Exhale. Come to the seating position and press and extend your left arm. Keep the right hand always full extended and perpendicular to the ground.
- Step 5: Take a deep breath. Squeeze your hip, extend and lift it as high as you can. Keep the right arm at the same position as previous steps. Keep your eyes look toward the kettlebell. Both arms are in alignment. Exhale
- Step 6: Draw the left leg back and bent your left knee. Extend the right leg slightly. Keep the right arms straight.
- Step 7: Press your right leg and bent the knee and make a 90 degree to the floor. Put your left arm at the shoulder height. Straight the right arm.
- Step 8: Stand up. Keep two feet at hip width. Both arms are at the same previous position.
- Step 9: Similar to the step 7
- Step 10: Similar to step 6
- Step 11: Similar to step 5
- Step 12: Similar to step 4
- Step 13: Similar to step 3
- Step 14: Similar to step 2
- Step 15: Put to kettlebell on the floor. Relax
This is done a rep. Kettlebell Turkish Get up can be divided into 2-3 sets with 3 to 5 reps on each side if you are just a beginner. Progress the number of reps to increase your strength and durability.
How to choose kettlebell for Turkish Get Up
If you are new to Kettlebell Turkish Get Up, you should learn proper motion without weight to prevent injury and overwhelmed. Once you are comfortable and master all the movements, you can start with a lighter weight and progress it heavier gradually.
It is recommended to start with 8 kg kettlebell size for women and 10kg for men. When you feel confidently with the movement of the exercise, you can use it as a primary strength exercise with a heavier weight (12kg for women and 16kg for men).
Benefits of Kettlebell Turkish Get Up
With a lot of motion that recalls many a range of muscle groups on the body, the Kettlebell Turkish Get Up brings overall benefits and ultra-effectiveness for the entire body.
– Improves flexibility and joint stability in the hips and shoulders.
– Improve body stability and balance.
– Improve strength of core muscle groups.
– Increased grip force.
– Increases shoulder strength.
– Increases the ability of the body to combine muscle groups/coordination ability.
– Activate glutes
– Improve posture
– Prevent injury by strengthen all body parts
Prevent from being injured while doing a kettlebell workout
A kettlebell workout is very effective, it is clear, however, there are many risks of injury if it is used incorrectly. Here are the things you need to memories while practice a full body kettlebell workout with a kettlebell to prevent being injured.
- Always warm up and stretch before workout session
- Choose the right kettlebell exercise that work on your
- Do proper form with kettlebell exercise
- Grip kettlebell correctly
- Don’t overwhelmed
- Choose the right kettlebell size to each exercise
We got the right kettlebell for you
If you are looking for a kettlebell manufacturer and wholesale, you can put trust in VIC. We are the leading company in manufacturing and distributing best-cast iron kettlebell set to the world need.
Our kettlebell comes in any size and design as you expected. As the OEM manufacturer, we also custom kettlebells accordingly to your wish. You will have a unique kettlebell set that just made for you.
Come with us and get fitness.